Fall is an ideal season for outdoor activities. With cooler temperatures and stunning foliage, families can explore everything they want. When I am looking for ideas on how to enjoy this season, I often talk to my friends and ask for their suggestions.
When it comes to fun family fall activities, there are countless options to choose from. Here are some activities I prefer during the fall:
- Go Hiking – Perfect sceneries are completely the best! One of the most exciting, fun family fall activities I recommend is to take a hike. The high our family hike, the better and perfect sceneries we will see. That sounds great. I just make sure that we have an itinerary and to-do list before taking a hike.
- Play in the Leaves – My house is filled with trees and flowering plants. Instead of asking my kids to clear leaves from our yard, I prefer to use it as our family bonding. Since our family loves gardening, this is an excellent fun fall activity we truly enjoy.
- Have a Bonfire – This is also one of the best fun family fall activities every kid loves. Depending on my preferences, I invite my neighbors and kids’ friends to join the bonfire activity. But before doing that, I ensure to reiterate the different safety precautions with them.
- Visit a Farm – Whether my kids love farming or not, I never miss exploring them to nature. I often take my family to the nearby local farm and enjoy pumpkin or apple picking.
- Go Camping – I need to take advantage of the cooler weather, and planning for a perfect camping trip is an excellent choice. Since only a few people prefer to camp during fall, there is a huge chance of getting fewer crowds and lower rates. Plus you could even go on a cute little fishing trip and get reasonably priced gear from places like Bass Pro Shops and use a coupon (https://www.raise.com/coupons/bass-pro-shops) for even better discounts.
- Fall Scavenger Hunt – All I need to do is make a list of things I can find outside our houses, such as yellow leaves, crabapples, acorns, and pinecones. Then, race to know who can find them all first. That’s very simple but exciting. To make the activities even more exciting, I also make riddles for every item so that my kids have to recognize what the item is before they begin searching.
- Experience a Fall Foliage Drive – Encourage my family to pack up their stuff and set off on a scenic foliage drive. I just make sure that we have all the needed stuff in our car. Of course, having an itinerary must be done before leaving the residential area.
- Visiting a National Park – There is nothing more fun and exciting than exploring the different national parks. Before, I don’t know where to find the best parks near me. So, what I did is that I search online and seek recommendations from my friends.
- Shopping Spree – Who doesn’t love shopping? Everyone loves going to the mall and buying amazing stuff. My family and I always go to the mall to buy some stuff ready for the cold weather. Apart from buying essentials, we also enjoy roaming around the area.
- Eat Dinner with the Family – Depending on my choice, my family and I go to the restaurant to enjoy delicious meals. But, if time permits, my family and I also explore our kitchen. We prepare meals altogether and enjoy our homemade meals.
Planning what to do during the fall is not a tricky task. In case you find it hard to do it, there are various things you can do to decide easily. Just like what I did, I search several sites online and see countless recommended fall activities. I also ask my neighbors about the unique things which my family and I might explore.
Whatever fun family fall activities you prefer, you still need some considerations before deciding. First is the budget you need for your preferred fun family fall activities. Second, the preference of your family. What do they like? Do they love hiking, shopping, gardening, or what? Lastly, it is best to consider the schedule of the activity. Your schedule might not fit the schedule of your partner and kids.
With various options to choose from, it is easy for everyone to choose the best fun family fall activities. So, start planning and enjoy the season!